CGBCI Prayer Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How it all began...

Go down

How it all began... Empty How it all began...

Post by Admin Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:31 am

So there I was one day, pondering ways in which to fulfill my new duty as the WMF prayer chairman for Niles CGBC. I wasn't off to a good start: I had forgotten to get the prayer requests in in time for last month's prayer letter and now I check my email to find a reminder that prayer requests for this month's letter are due--uh--2 days ago... pale Then it hit me: monthly prayer letter! We only communicate important matters of prayer with each other monthly? In an age overflowing with instant information technology? What we need is a prayer forum that we can all stay up-to-date on!

Only a few hours ago I was having a chat about all this with Pastor Mike and now here I am with the project almost off the ground! Praise the Lord! This is something I am really excited about--I had the pleasure of moderating an internet prayer forum in the past and, let me say, it was awesome how the Lord worked in it. People in crisis would just flock to the prayer site posting their problems and would often express how comforting it was when I replied with my prayer for them. I, also, found it an incredible blessing to be able to go back to my posted prayer requests and find the prayers of several people as responses. Often, I would read them over and over--they were so comforting and I could almost feel my faith growing with every posted prayer for me. My hope and prayer is that God will work similarly in this prayer forum.

The vision I have for this prayer forum is that it would serve as an always-up-to-date prayer list for our fellowship (especially important for urgent requests), encourage us to pray for one another daily, and draw us closer together as brothers and sisters in Christ despite any barriers of physical distance. So let it be Lord!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum